I recently ran out of our favorite Young Living bar soap and needed a quick fix until I could order more next month. I looked up a few recipes and came across one and tweaked it a little to my liking! Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
What you will need:
- 1/4 cup steel cut or rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup Castille Soap (I use Dr. Bronner baby mild but you could use almond, lavender, etc)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 foaming soap containers
How to make it:
- Bring the 2 1/2 cups of water to boil on the stove.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl and add the 1/4 cup oats to it, stir to combine.
- Let the oats and water sit out for about 2-3 hours.
- In another bowl add the soap and oils then mix well.
- Strain the oats from the water and add the oat water to the soap mixture.
- Pour into two foaming soap containers, add a nice label, and you’re ready to use it!
Have a very blessed day!