As the weather has gotten colder I was noticing my kids needed some extra love on their face and hands. I decided to make up my own skin balm recipe and this is what I came up with. You can use whatever oils speak to you but these are the ones that my kids respond to the best!
- Organic Shea Butter
- Jojoba oil (Or coconut oil but since I am allergic I can’t use it)
- Vitamin E oil
- Essential oil of your choise (I am using Gentle Baby and Lavender
- Small glass container(s)
What to do:
- Add 1/4 cup shea butter and 1/4 cup jojoba oil with a 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil to a saucepan on low heat
- Let it melt all together until it is smooth but as soon as the shea butter melts take it off the heat
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding your Essential Oils
- Once cooled add 10 drops of each of your EO and mix well
- Pour into your containers and add a cute label then stick in the fridge to let it firm up a bit and voila you are ready to use
Get creative with the container you use. You can use chapstick containers too for easy use on the go! I poured some into small travel containers so I can keep some in my purse and diaper bag to have easy access at all times. Hope you enjoy and Happy Oiling!